Wednesday 11 December 2013

First Photo Shoot

These are the photos that I took during my first photo shoot using a Nikon camera. From taking test shots in preparation for the shoot I already had an idea of what lighting, background, positioning and angles/framing looked best on my model so when taking these photo's I had a clear idea of what I wanted my final photo to look like and so it was just finding the most effective photo for my front cover. I used 2 lights at either side of my model to try to cancel shadowing on her face and the background, this also helped to make all her features clear and visible giving the photo's a professional look. I used a plain background on my photo's because this will make any editing a lot easier and is also a convention that I have noticed on many magazines. It also again makes them look quite professional. I experimented with a few positions to make sure the Indie Rock genre was reflected through the image however I always made sure she was stood away from the wall to stop her from looking flat. I also experimented with a few camera angles and framing but generally used a straight angle and used a medium close-up shot due to these being conventions which work most effectively on a front cover. I didn't get my model to wear one of my planned outfits because they were created before I came up with the tag line that I was going to use. The tagline I have decided on is 'Lucy Bell hits the road' and so I thought that I would use the outfit that I have because the jumper has footprints printed on it and so this creates a connection between the image and the tag line which I thought was quite effective. I still managed to reflect the Indie Rock genre through the costume as her outfit is quite dark colour orientated which is generally what Indie Rock artists wear. My model also has a natural, messy/wavy hair and quite natural make-up which again reflects the Indie Rock style. This look is a possible final style for my front cover however I may take some more photo's which maybe include a leather jacket and some red lipstick to portray the Indie Rock look even more, giving me a wide range of options to choose from. Overall I believe these photo's are quite effective and will give my magazine front cover the professional look I am aiming to achieve.

















No comments:

Post a Comment